Friday, September 18, 2009

Array Card Games

I heard you're working on poetry with Mrs. Nash, so I thought I'd try to write you a math poem about your next opportunity to practice math facts and earn a superstar!
(Note: I tried my best.)

Play Multiplication Pairs over the next few days.
Bring a note to school and cause a superstar craze!
You can play other games like Count and Compare.
Playing them each once would keep it fair
There's Small Array, Big Array and Skipcounting too
You'll be counting so fast....blah, blah, blah, kangeroo!



Ok, so maybe the end of my poem wasn't so great, but you get the idea. Basically, you play the games and if you bring a note in your planner any day next week, you can earn a superstar! What's really cool is that you can earn one star each night; all you have to do is play one of the games every night. It's just that easy!

What's that? You forgot to take the rules home. Well, it doesn't matter. You can still play as long as you have your array cards. The rules are right here.

P.S. My favorite is Count & Compare (the one that's just like War). Which one is your favorite? Leave a comment and let me know!

10 comments:

  1. Miss P! We just read your poem in class and thought it was funny! We have been talking about the three pillars of poetry (music, imagery, and emotion). We noticed that your poem had great MUSIC! :) Good job!

    The Blue Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey liked your poem write another one about science

    cailyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite was Count and Compare, too. :)
    (I love to remind the kids whenever I can that I used to teach math, science, and social studies, too. ...long ago and far away....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cailyn,
    Science is cool
    Science is fun
    That's all there is to it
    this poem is done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miss P,

    My favorite game is Big Array, Small Array. I can't wait to teach my mom tomorrow night!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emily,
    Let me know how the game goes. I'm glad you're excited about the games. You can show your mom how Big Array, Small Array helps us practice clustering.

    See you in class!

    Miss P :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE YOUR POEM. sorry about that house you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Miss P,
    loved your poem i wrote it down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey guys,
    I'm glad you liked the poem. You should write me one back about how much you love the math games. I heard you wrote poems about worries today, since real poets do that sometimes. Maybe you could show me some of the poems you're working on if you can't think of one about math games. I would love to read them!

    :) Miss P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those games are really FUN!

    ReplyDelete